1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a 9-inch pie pan with pie crust, folding overhanging dough under to make a plump pastry edge; crimp edges around pie.
4. In a large bowl, whisk together pure pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and eggs. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
5. Pour into pie crust and cover edges of crust with foil. Bake for 35 minutes.
6. Remove foil and bake for 10 minutes or until pie is set around the edges and slightly jiggly in the middle.
7. Remove to a wire rack to cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
8. In a medium bowl, add chocolate chips; set aside.
9. In a small saucepan over medium heat, add cream. Bring to just a boil, watching very carefully because if it boils for a few seconds, it will boil out of the pot. Pour over top of chocolate and whisk until smooth; allow ganache to cool.
10. Once cool, using the back of a spoon, spread ganache in an even circle on top of pie, smoothing it out as you go.
11. Place pie in refrigerator and chill for 1 hour or until ganache is set. Serve topped with a dollop of whipped cream.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 323, Total Fat: 21g, Saturated Fat: 12g, Cholesterol: 63mg, Sodium: 113mg, Total Carbohydrates: 33g, Dietary Fiber: 3g, Sugars: 19g, Protein: 5g