- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse all fresh produce.
- In a food processor, shred potatoes. Place in paper towels and squeeze to remove as much liquid as possible. Place in a medium bowl and toss with lemon juice.
- In a food processor, coarsely chop onion. Add eggs and process lightly. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Return potatoes to food processor along with flour, baking powder, salt and pepper. Process quickly to blend. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw flour and eggs.
- In a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, add 1/8-inch oil. Drop potato mixture by heaping tablespoons, flattening with back of spoon to form 3-inch pancakes. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
- Fry several at a time for 2 minutes per side or until golden brown on each side. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined plate and let drain.
- Stir potato mixture before frying new batches and add oil to pan as needed.
- Serve with toppings, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org.
Total Fat 4 g
Saturated Fat 0.5 g
Cholesterol 27 mg
Sodium 237 mg
Carbohydrates 11 g
Fiber 2 g
Sugars. 2 g
Protein 2 g