Potato Breakfast Boats
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prick each potato a few times with a fork, then rub the potato skins lightly with olive oil; place on a baking sheet.
3. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour or until the potatoes are tender. Transfer to a rack and let cool.
4. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Once potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice in half lengthwise and scoop out enough of the interior of each half to make a boat, leaving about ¼-inch potato still attached to the skin.
6. Place boats in a large casserole dish; set aside.
7. Chop up removed potato and place in a medium bowl.
8. Add eggs, milk, tomatoes, onion, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste and mix well.
9. In a large skillet over medium-low heat, add butter.
10. Once melted, add egg mixture and cook for 2 minutes.
11. Push the edges of the cooked egg to the center of the pan with a spatula and let the remaining uncooked egg come into contact with the pan and cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through; remove from heat.
12. Divide egg mixture between the potato boats and top each with 2½ tablespoons cheese.
13. Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through and cheese has melted.
14. Serve garnished with chives and thyme, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 317 (Calories from Fat: 171)
Total Fat: 19g
(Saturated Fat: 9g)
Total Carbohydrates: 21g (Dietary Fiber: 2g