Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 2 Hours, Grill 1/12- 2 Hours
July August 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Remove thin white membrane off of bone side of ribs; place ribs in a large dish and discard membrane. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork.
4. In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup brown sugar, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, 3 tablespoons paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Rub mixture onto both sides of each rib, cover and let marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours or overnight. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw pork.
5. In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add garlic and cook for 3 minutes or until lightly browned. Reduce heat to low and add ketchup, water, vinegar, chili powder and remaining brown sugar, cayenne pepper and paprika; let simmer for 15 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat, reserving half for later use.
6. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium-low. Add ribs, cover and grill until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours, turning ribs often. Baste generously with barbecue sauce during the last 10 minutes of grill time. Remove from grill, tent with foil and let rest for 3 minutes. Serve with reserved barbecue sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat 108 g
Saturated Fat 34.0 g
Cholesterol 363.00 mg
Sodium 973.00 mg
Carbohydrates 29.00 g
Fiber 2.00 g
Protein 72 g