- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, broth and soy sauce; whisk in cornstarch until dissolved.
- In a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil. Once hot, add pork, garlic, salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw pork.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until internal temperature of pork reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified on an instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Transfer to a plate and let rest.
- In the same pan over medium heat, add broccoli, bell pepper and mushrooms. Cook for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add green onions and lemon zest and cook, stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Give broth mixture a quick mix and then add to pan. Cook, stirring often, for 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add cooked pork and any accumulated juices and continue to cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve hot over rice. Garnish with cashews, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Calories 620, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 78 mg, Sodium 575 mg, Carbohydrates 62 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 5 g, Protein 37 g