Popeye Pasta Bake
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Recipe and image provided by The Humane Society of the United States Forward Food Program.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente.
4. Combine tofu, sugar, soy milk, garlic power, basil and salt in blender or food chopper. Blend until all items are combined.
5. Add spinach, 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce and cooked pasta to tofu mixture. Stir to distribute evenly.
6. Lightly coat a 12x20 or 9x13 with no-stick cooking spray.
7. Spread half remaining tomato sauce on bottom of pan.
8. Spread pasta mixture over tomato sauce and top with remaining tomato sauce and bread crumbs, if using.
9. Tightly cover pan with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Heat to an internal temperature of 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 598 mg
Carbohydrates 59 g
Protein 16 g