DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Lightly coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray, set aside.
3. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine water, butter, sugar and vanilla, bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add flour, stir vigorously until mixture holds together and leaves side of pan and forms a ball. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring vigorously after each addition. Mixture should be smooth and satiny. Spoon dough into a pastry bag fitted with a plain 1/2-inch tip (or a plastic freezer bag with 1/2-inch cut from one bottom corner); pipe out 20 mounds onto prepared baking sheets, leaving 2 inches between each mound. Bake for 12 minutes.
4. Reduce heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
5. Remove puffs to wire rack and let cool completely. Once cool, let chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. With a serrated knife, cut each puff in half horizontally. Using a melon baller, place a round tablespoon-sized scoop of ice cream on bottom half of cream puff. Replace top half of puff and top with some chocolate syrup and ground pistachios and serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 155 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 11g (Dietary Fiber: 0g