Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 15 Minutes
February/March 2019 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
Try this Brittle on Top of this Mocha Mousse Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, add sugar; stir with a wooden spoon until sugar begins to melt.
4. Lower heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often until sugar melts and turns a medium caramel color. Stir in pine nuts and butter and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in half of the rosemary and half of the sea salt.
5. With a spatula, turn mixture out onto a parchment-paper lined baking sheet pan, spreading it out slightly. Sprinkle remaining rosemary and salt on top, while brittle is still warm.
6. Let sit for 1 hour or until completely cooled. Once cool, break brittle into pieces.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 352 (Calories from Fat: 207)
Total Fat: 23g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 37g (Dietary Fiber: 1g