Pine Nut & White Bean Dip on Chabaso Ciabatta
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Set a mesh sieve over a small bowl.
4. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, add pine nuts and oil. Cook, stirring often, until pine nuts are golden brown, about 5 minutes. Tip: Cut one pine nut in half to confirm it is cooked all the way through center,
5. Transfer oil and nuts into mesh sieve and drain. Dry nuts on paper towels.
6. Finely grate garlic into remaining oil.
7. Blend beans, salt, pepper, 3/4 of the pine nuts and water in a blender until very smooth. Gradually drizzle in garlic oil and blend until combined.
8. Place dip into small bowl and top with remaining nuts.
9. Slice ciabatta and toast as desired. Serve bread alongside dip.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!