Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 1-6 Hours; Grill 8 Minutes
January 2023 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a food processor, combine oil, both chili peppers, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
4. Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Pour 1/3 cup oil mixture over chicken, seal and flip to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 6 hours on a plate.
6. Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Alternatively, place a greased grill pan over medium heat.
7. Place chicken on grill; discard used marinade. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
8. Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Generously baste each chicken breast with reserved oil mixture during last 3 minutes of cooking.
9. Serve drizzled with remaining unused reserved oil mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 245, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 103mg, Sodium: 67mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 33g