Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Marinate 1-6 Hours; Grill 8 Minutes
January 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a food processor, combine oil, both chili peppers, garlic, lemon juice, vinegar, paprika, oregano, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Season both sides of each chicken breast with salt and pepper and place in a large resealable plastic bag. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
- Pour 1/3 cup oil mixture over chicken, seal and flip to coat. Marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 6 hours on a plate.
- Coat grill grate with cooking spray and preheat to medium. Alternatively, place a greased grill pan over medium heat.
- Place chicken on grill; discard used marinade. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
- Grill chicken until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 8 minutes. Generously baste each chicken breast with reserved oil mixture during last 3 minutes of cooking.
- Serve drizzled with remaining unused reserved oil mixture.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Calories: 245, Total Fat: 11g, Saturated Fat: 2g, Cholesterol: 103mg, Sodium: 67mg, Carbohydrates: 3g, Fiber: 1g, Sugars: 1g, Protein: 33g