Prep Time: 35 Minutes
Cooking Time: Chill 45 Minutes
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat together butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until fluffy. Beat in the egg and 2 teaspoons vanilla until combined. Beat in flour mixture, a little at a time, on low speed until just combined.
3. Divide dough into 2, wrap each in plastic wrap and chill for 15 minutes.
4. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment; set aside.
5. Remove plastic wrap and roll out dough to ¼-inch thickness. Cut out circles with a 2-inch cutter and transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheets; chill for 30 minutes. Reroll scraps until you get 60 cookies.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake cookies for 12 minutes or until just golden; transfer to wire racks to cool.
7. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat cream cheese and butter until well blended. Add melted chocolate and vanilla and mix well. Gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy after each addition.
8. Evenly spread a generous amount of cream cheese mixture on half of the cookies; top each with another cookie. Roll edges of some sandwiches in crushed peppermints and some in white sugar.
9. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1 week.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 236 (Calories from Fat: 108)
Total Fat: 12g (Saturated Fat: 7g)
Total Carbohydrates: 30g (Dietary Fiber: 0g