Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 15 Minutes
Nut–crusted fish gives us beautiful texture and a toasty flavor. While many other recipes have you go through multiple steps using egg wash and flour, this one has been simplified for easy weeknight cooking. You can chop the nuts, prepare the salad greens/dressing, and line the baking pan before work to make it even faster.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Sprinkle salt, black pepper and a little cayenne (if using) on both sides of the halibut fillet.
3. With your fingers, press the ground pecans into both sides of the fillets just as you would if you were covering them with breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the butter and olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, and add the nut-crusted fish, to brown. (You don't want the heat so high that it burns the nuts.) For halibut, try 3 minutes per side. Place on foil–lined baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
5. Serve the fish on top of dressed salad greens.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!