This Pecan Crust and Honey Mustard Bourbon is Perfect for a Southern Flair, and can be used on other fish and Chicken if you like.
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Prepare Epic Honey Mustard Bourbon Glaze by mixing honey, mustards, mayonnaise, horseradish, paprika and bourbon in a bowl. Set aside.
2. Next, prepare Pecan Breading by combining pecan pieces and panko in a food processor. Process into a coarse crumb mixture.
3. Prepare dipping station by filling 1 shallow bowl with egg/water mixture, 1 shallow bowl with Pecan Breading and 1 shallow bowl with flour mixed with Cajun spice.
4. Place catfish pieces on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Dredge fish with seasoned flour, shaking off excess flour, then dip into egg. Press into Pecan Breading and then set aside on plate. Repeat process with remaining fish portions, then wash hands after handling raw ingredients.
5. Heat a large skillet with oil on medium-high heat and carefully place fish in skillet once oil is hot. Brown on each side and cook until fish flakes easily and reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer. If fish is browning too quickly, reduce heat to medium.
Remove fish from skillet and transfer to a plate. Dab with paper towels to remove excess oil.
6. Drizzle catfish with prepared Epic Honey Mustard Bourbon Glaze, storing remaining Glaze in the refrigerator. Enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsRecipe courtesy of North Coast Seafood & Chef Andrew Wilkinson.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more