Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 41 Minutes
May 2023 Dig In Recipe
Crisp pears in a sweet, nutty custard.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Coat 8, 3 1/2-inch tart pans with cooking spray. Place all 8 pans on a large, rimmed baking sheet.
5. Roll out pie crusts to straighten edges. Using a 4 1/2-inch bowl or circle, cut 4 circles from each crust and press into tart pan bottoms and up sides. Prick bottom of each several times with a fork. Bake until golden brown, about 13 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes. Remove from pans and cool completely.
6. In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Cook slowly until butter browns, about 4 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
7. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, sugar, egg, egg white, all three extracts, salt and corn starch and mix until well incorporated. Pour in brown butter and mix well. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
8. Place empty tart shells back onto baking sheet and evenly fill each with butter mixture.
9. Peel pears and cut 8 quarter-inch slices. Press into the top of each tart. Bake until top of mixture is turning golden, about 24 minutes. Remove from oven and cool on a cooling rack.
10. Place jam in a small, microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 10-second intervals until jam is melted. Brush jam over top of tarts and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 452, Total Fat: 25g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 31mg, Sodium: 270mg, Carbohydrates: 53g, Fiber: 4g, Sugars: 23g, Protein: 7g