Pea & Feta Frittata
Perfect for weekend brunch, this delicious frittata from Siggi’s Dairy is sure to please family and friends from infancy on up. Serve with heart whole grain toast and fresh fruit for a complete meal. Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #72 (July 13th – September 20th, 2017).
Recipe nutrition analysis and image provided by Siggi's Dairy. For more skyr-inspired recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Melt butter in a cast iron skillet (or any ovenproof pan) over medium-low heat.
5. Add shallot and cook until soft, about 2-3 minutes.
6. In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with skyr until well combined; season with salt and pepper. Stir in peas, herbs and feta cheese. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
7. Pour egg mixture into the hot pan. Stir frequently until the eggs just begin to cook, but are still loose, about 5 minutes.
8. Place pan in oven and bake until frittata is set but the center is still a bit soft, about 5 minutes.
9. Top with additional herbs and feta cheese. Enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Total Fat 16 g
Saturated Fat 7 g
Cholesterol 390 mg
Sodium 440 mg
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fiber 4 g
Protein 18 g