Recipe featured on Food in :60 Segment with Big Y Dietitians Carrie Taylor and Andrea Luttrell. Recipe derived from the National Processed Raspberry Council.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Prepare peanut butter crust and crumble. Combine oats, flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until mixture is crumbly. Add peanut butter and stir until a crumbly consistency forms. Press about 2 heaping tablespoons of the batter firmly on the bottom of each 8-ounce mason jar. Set aside.
3. Next, make the raspberry pie filling. In a large bowl, stir together raspberries, cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon salt. Distribute raspberry filling evenly among the jars. Then, top the raspberry pies with one tablespoon of the remaining peanut butter topping.
4. Set mason jars on a baking sheeet and place in the oven for 18 minutes, or until the peanut butter crumble is lightly browned and the raspberry filling is bubbling.
5. Allow to cool and garnish with frozen raspberries and peanuts. Seal jars with lids and refrigerate if not enjoying right away.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!