Pasticceria Dolce e Salata
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Place prosciutto in a single layer on a baking sheet layered with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes.
3. Remove from oven, let cool, then break into small bits and set aside.
4. Increase oven temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Next, in a medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, egg and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth and creamy.
6. To prepare pastry, place one sheet of phyllo dough on a flat surface. With a pastry brush lightly brush with melted butter. Place another sheet of phyllo on top; brush with butter and repeat process using 4 sheets of phyllo. (Note: Keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap or a damp towel. It dries out quickly.)
7. Cut sheets into 5 equal strips about 2 inches wide and 9 inches long. Spoon 1 teaspoon of filling about 1 inch from the end of each piece, top with a 1/2 teaspoon fig jam and a sprinkle of the crispy prosciutto.
8. Fold dough over filling to create a triangle. Continue folding, like a flag, until the end. Brush with butter on all sides and place on baking sheet. Continuing with remaining phyllo, butter, filling, jam and prosciutto, reserving some prosciutto for garnish at the end.
9. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden.
10. In the meantime, prepare the glaze. Melt butter in a sauce pan. Slowly add brown sugar stirring until completely dissolved. Slow simmer until mixture starts to thicken slightly and then add the bourbon. Simmer for a moment more until alcohol taste has cooked off.
11. Pour bourbon mixture over cooked pastry, sprinkle with remaining prosciutto and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsBig Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more