Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #76 (March 22nd to May 16th, 2018).
Recipe and image provided by Filippo Berio. For more cooking inspirations, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Cook pancetta in sauté pan until browned but not too crispy. Drain on paper towel-lined plate.
4. Warm olive oil in large sauté pan set over medium heat.
5. Stir in onion. Cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
6. Toss in kale, thyme, sage and garlic. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Stir in garbanzo beans, tomatoes, pancetta and salt to taste. Reduce heat to low.
8. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
9. Stir pasta into garbanzo bean mixture in sauté pan. Toss over medium-low heat for about 3 minutes or until pasta has soaked up most of the sauce, but is still very moist.
10. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 14 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 15 mg
Sodium 370 mg
Carbohydrates 64 g
Fiber 13 g
Protein 17 g