Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 12 Minutes
Feb/March 2019 Dig In Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large skillet over medium heat, add oil. Once hot, add both asparagus and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté for 6 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender; remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Return skillet to stove. Rinse scallops with cold water and pat dry; season to taste with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw scallops.
5. In the same skillet over medium heat, add 1 tablespoon butter. Once melted, add scallops and sear for 2 minutes per side or until the edges are golden brown and scallops are milky white, opaque and firm; remove from skillet, set aside and keep warm.
6. Return skillet to stove. Add remaining butter and garlic and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes. Stir in lemon juice and paprika and season to taste with salt and pepper. Return scallops to the skillet and heat for a few seconds per side.
7. Serve immediately with asparagus and a drizzle of the butter sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 196 (Calories from Fat: 99)
Total Fat: 11g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 9g (Dietary Fiber: 2g