Plan a romantic at-home dinner date for Valentine's Day! Skip the crowded restaurant this year, and make your own cozy meal using our impressive, yet easy-to-follow recipes.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a large glass baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
3. Slice each chicken breast in half lengthwise, making sure not to cut it all the way through; open it up and lay it flat on a work surface.
4. Place it between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and gently pound with a meat mallet until it is of uniform size.
5. Repeat with other chicken breasts.
6. Sprinkle Italian seasoning evenly over each chicken breast.
7. Place 3 strips of roasted pepper on one side of each chicken breast and top each with 1 tablespoon pesto, some minced garlic, 2 slices of mozzarella cheese and salt and pepper to taste.
8. Fold each breast and secure with a toothpick to prevent it from unfolding.
9. In a large skillet over medium heat, combine oil and butter.
10. Once butter is melted, add chicken breasts and sauté on both sides for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden.
11. Transfer chicken to the prepared baking dish and bake for 15 minutes or until juices run clear. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving:
Calories: 480 (Calories from Fat: 290)
Total Fat: 33g (Saturated Fat: 14g)
Total Carbohydrates: 5g (Dietary Fiber: 1g