Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water. Rinse herbs and garlic under cold running water before chopping, then pat dry.
2. Prepare Herb Butter by combining butter, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a bowl, mixing thoroughly to combine. Refrigerate until ready to use.
3. Place lamb steaks on a large plate or platter and season liberally on both sides with salt and black pepper. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw lamb.
4. Over medium-high heat, warm olive oil in a cast iron skillet. Once oil is hot, place lamb in pan and cook for two minutes. Flip and cook two minutes more.
5. Once lamb is seared on both sides, reduce heat to medium and continue to cook, while flipping occasionally, until lamb reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read thermometer.
6. Transfer lamb to a serving platter and brush prepared Herb Butter over the tops of the steaks while they rest for 4 to 5 minutes.
7. Squeeze additional lemon juice over tops of steaks if desired, slice and enjoy!
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!