Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 16 to 22 Minutes
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. In a small skillet over medium heat, combine butter and olive oil. Once butter has melted, add garlic and shallots and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until softened.
5. Add wine and cook for 4 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
6. Remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs, herbs and salt and pepper to taste; let cool.
7. Once cool, transfer to a medium bowl and mix in cheese; set aside.
8. Line a large baking sheet with foil and add oysters. Wash hands after handling raw shellfish.
9. Spoon a heaping tablespoon breadcrumb mixture into each oyster and bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until golden.
10. Serve with lemon wedges and hot sauce.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 137 (Calories from Fat: 72)
Total Fat: 8g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g (Dietary Fiber: 2g