It’s the holiday season and that means you’re likely going to have overnight guests! Nothing is more stressful than making a full holiday meal and then having to figure out what to make for everyone the next morning. Use our easy-to-bake, delicious breakfast casserole that’s hearty and can feed a hungry crowd.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Grease a large casserole dish with cooking spray, set aside.
2. In a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, add butter and oil. Once butter has melted, add leeks and garlic and sauté, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add cauliflower, ham and potatoes and saute, stirring, for 2 minutes, set aside.
4. In a large bowl using a wire whisk, beat together eggs, milk, mustard and salt and pepper to taste, whisk until just combined.
5. Sprinkle half the cheese over the bottom of the casserole dish, cover with half of the bread and half of the onion mixture.
6. Repeat with another half of the bread and remaining onion mixture, end with a layer of bread and remaining cheese and a sprinkling of salt and pepper.
7. Pour egg mixture over top, gently pressing it down with the back of a large spoon to make sure everything is moistened.
8. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
10. Bake strata, uncovered, for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until golden brown and eggs are just cooked.
11. Let rest 10 minutes before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsCalories: 304 (Calories from Fat: 126)
Total Fat: 14g (Saturated Fat: 6g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 1g