DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Grease and flour 3, 9-inch cake pans; set aside.
3. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream butter until fluffy. Add 2 cups sugar and continue to cream for 6 minutes or until well blended. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour and coconut milk alternately, beginning and ending with flour. Add vanilla and continue to beat until just mixed.
4. Divide batter equally among prepared pans and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cool in pans for 5 to 10 minutes before inverting cakes onto cooling racks to cool completely.
5. Place a large mixing bowl and beaters in the freezer for 30 minutes. Add heavy cream, coconut extract and 6 tablespoons sugar to bowl and whip on medium to medium-high speed until stiff peaks form; store in the refrigerator until ready to use.
6. Place one cake layer on a serving platter and spread the top with half of the marmalade. Repeat process with another cake layer and the remaining marmalade; top with remaining cake layer. Before serving, frost top and sides of cake with frosting and sprinkle with flaked coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Nutrition FactsCalories: 600 (Calories from Fat: 210)
Total Fat: 24g (Saturated Fat: 16g)
Total Carbohydrates: 94g (Dietary Fiber: 1g