Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #75 (January 11th to March 21st, 2018).
Recipe nutrition facts and image provided by USA Rice. For more delicious rice recipes, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a large skillet or wok, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add chicken and sauté until lightly browned. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
4. In the same skillet, heat remaining oil. Saute vegetables and ginger 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables just start to soften.
5. Combine chicken broth, orange juice and zest, soy sauce and cornstarch in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Add mixture to skillet, stirring constantly.
6. Boil 1 to 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in chicken and cook until heated through and chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Spoon over cooked rice into individual bowls.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 45 mg
Sodium 400 mg
Carbohydrates 37 g
Protein 23 g