Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #80 (November 15th, 2018 to January 9th, 2019).
Recipe nutritional analysis and image from King Arthur Flour. Visit their website for more wholesome and delicious baking recipes.
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Lightly coat two baking sheets with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, baking soda, salt and egg until fluffy. Wash hands after handling raw egg.
- Mix in flour, oats, flaxseed meal, flaxseed, dried fruit and nuts. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Let dough reset for 30 minutes at room temperature so oats soften.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scoop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheets. Flatten each ball slightly. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
- Bake cookies, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for about 15 minutes until they are set.
- Transfer cookies to cooling rack to finish cooling before enjoying.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Cookie:
Calories 103, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 17 mg, Sodium 47 mg, Carbohydrates 13 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g