Nutty Chocolate Chip Muffins
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Put oven rack in center of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick spray or line with paper liners.
4. In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, baking soda, spices and ground flax.
5. Add pumpkin, zucchini, maple syrup and eggs. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, if desired.
6. Using a 1/3 cup scoop or spoon, fill each muffin cup about 2/3 full. Wash hands after handling raw batter.
7. Bake for 22-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
8. Remove from oven and place on cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Loosen muffins around the outside with a butter knife. Transfer to another cooling rack. Once completely cooked to room temperature, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 2-3 months.