Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Get inspired and watch Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods prepare this delicious recipe.
Seafood Supper Club Recipe
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Prepare Chef Andrew's "mother-in-law" sauce by combining sweet thai chili sauce, soy sauce, sesame oil, gochujang, chili garlic sauce and sesame seeds. Whisk together, then set aside.
4. In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, melt butter. Add onion and cook until softened.
5. Add rice and toast for 1 minute.
6. Add the broth and salt and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer rice until liquid is absorbed, about 18 minutes.
7. While rice is cooking, in a large saute pan over medium heat add canola oil. Once oil is hot add shrimp and cook until pearly white and opaque, about 2 minutes per side.
7. Wipe out excess oil and add 2 tablespoons clean oil to pan over high heat.
8. Add onion, peppers, broccoli and asparagus to the hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add a splash of water and cover with a lid for another 1 to 2 minutes until vegetables are cooked, but still crisp.
9. Remove cooked vegetables from pan and reserve in a bowl. Add remaining oil to pan along with zucchini and snap peas and cook 1 to 2 minutes.
10. Remove the zucchini and snap peas to the bowl of vegetables.
11. Return pan to heat and add 1/4 to 1 cup of "mother-in-law sauce". Bring sauce to a simmer.
12. Add shrimp, vegetables and scallions to sauce and toss to coat.
13. Spoon cooked rice onto plate, cover with the stir fried shrimp and vegetables and top with cilantro leaves.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!