Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 10 Minutes
Recipe provided by Chef Andrew from North Coast Seafoods.
To watch Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/YFUwPUnpHG0
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a 10-inch sauté pan, heat the oil over medium high heat.
4. Peel shrimp, removing shell and tail. Season with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw seafood.
5. Add shrimp to pan. If there is no sizzle as they touch the pan, remove and wait for oil to heat more. Do not overcrowd pan or move shrimp until ready to flip.
6. Cook shrimp for 3 to 4 minutes, until slightly browned. Turn over with tongs and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and keep warm.
7. Add garlic and shallots to the pan and cook until softened, about 1 minute. Add red pepper flakes, wine, and lemon. Reduce over high heat until almost dry.
8. Add butter and swirl pan to melt and create a sauce. Do not boil.
9. Add parsley and reserved cooked shrimp. Bring to a quick simmer. Coat with sauce and serve.
Serving Suggestions: - Serve over warm toasted garlic bread. - Toss with freshly cooked pasta. - Serve over rice pilaf. - Add fresh spinach, asparagus or small cannellini beans. - Try with sun-dried tomato and feta cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!