Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Pour Mutti® Finely Chopped Tomatoes into a fine strainer and allow to drain for 30 minutes to remove some of the moisture, stirring occasionally.
3. Stir together the drained tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a small bowl. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set aside on the counter for 3 hours before serving to allow flavors to blend and develop.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Wash hands with soap and water.
5. Arrange bread slices on a large baking sheet. Brush with the remaining olive oil.
6. Bake 5-7 minutes until lightly toasted.
7. Rub each slice with the cut side of one of the garlic cloves.
To serve, stir tomato mixture and spread about 1 Tablespoon on each toast slice. Garnish with thinly sliced fresh basil. Tip: this recipe works well with many other toppings, including sliced fresh mozzarella, gorgonzola or goat cheese crumbles, and your favorite chopped fresh herbs.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!