DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Cook the pasta and the mussels at the same time. Both take about 15 minutes to cook.
2. Mussels: In a pan with a tight fitting lid, heat the olive oil. Cook the garlic, onions and fennel over medium heat until soft but not browned.
3. Add the wine and tomato and bring to a boil.
4. Add the Mussels and cover with a lid. Steam mussels open, should take a couple minutes.
5. Remove Mussels from the pan. Remove the mussels from the shells. Discard the shells.
6. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce.
7. Add the butter and cheese and melt into the pasta.
8. Season to taste.
9. Sprinkle with the fresh herb of choice, Chopped Parsley or Fresh Basil
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!