1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together garlic, ginger, maple syrup, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, water, red pepper flakes and salt to taste.
4. Place mushrooms in a large shallow dish and pour sauce mixture over top; mix gently to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes, tossing occasionally.
5. In a wok or large skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms with liquid and sauté for 10 minutes or until golden brown and slightly seared. Remove from skillet with a slotted spoon and set aside.
6. In the same skillet over medium-high heat, add bell peppers and green onions and sauté for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Add mushrooms, season to taste with salt and pepper, stir and cook for 1 minute.
7. Serve immediately over rice, garnished with sesame seeds.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 383, Total Fat: 6g, Saturated Fat: 1g, Total Carbohydrates: 72g, Dietary Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 16g, Cholesterol: 0mg, Sodium: 489mg, Protein: 12g