Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 45 Minutes
Get inspired and watch us prepare this delicious recipe.
January 2023 Dig In Recipe
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, sauté onion in butter until tender. Add flour, salt and pepper and stir to make a smooth paste. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- Gradually add broth, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms, celery, potatoes, carrots, squash and sage. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add cream and Parmesan cheese and cook for an additional 12 minutes or until heated through.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more visit https://www.fightbac.org.
Calories: 202, Total Fat: 16g, Saturated Fat: 10g, Cholesterol: 52mg, Sodium: 617mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 2g, Sugars: 3g, Protein: 5g