Morning Glory Muffins
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
From The Humane Society of the United States. For more information, visit their website.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In a small bowl, mix ground flaxseeds and water together and set for 5 minutes.
4. In a separate bowl, combine all-purpose flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon in a bowl. Mix and set aside.
5. In another bowl, add grated carrots, grated apple, walnuts, raisins, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Mix well.
6. Add carrot mixture to flour mixture.
7. Combine flaxseed mixture and oil together and add to carrot and flour mixture. Stir until dry ingredients become wet.
8. Fill cups of cupcake pan 2/3 full and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 minutes or until done.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Facts Per Serving:
Total Fat 9 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 219 mg
Carbohydrates 31 g
Protein 2 g