Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: Cook 5 Minutes, Chill 2 Hours
February/March 2019 Dig In the Big Y Magazine
Top with this Pine Nut Brittle Recipe
Pine Nut Rosemary Brittle
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Place water in the bottom of a double boiler and place over medium heat. Once simmering, place chocolate in the top part and place it over the simmering water. Heat, stirring often, for 5 minutes or until chocolate melts.
3. Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl and set aside. If you don’t have a double boiler, bring about 1 cup of water to a simmer in a saucepan.
4. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add chocolate to bowl and heat, stirring often or until chocolate melts.
5. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together cream, powdered sugar, espresso powder and vanilla until firm peaks form. Whisk about 1/3 of whipped cream into chocolate until smooth. Using a rubber spatula, fold remaining whipped cream into chocolate mixture.
6. Divide mousse by ½-cup servings between 8 individual goblets or bowls. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to overnight. Serve cold garnished with pine nut brittle and raspberries.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 372 (Calories from Fat: 252)
Total Fat: 28g (Saturated Fat: 17g)
Total Carbohydrates: 35g (Dietary Fiber: 4g