- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; set aside. Wash hands after handling raw flour.
- In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium-high speed, beat butter until creamy. Add both sugars and cream together on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Add egg and beat for 1 minute, scraping down sides and bottom of bowl as needed. Wash hands after handling raw eggs.
- Add peanut butter and vanilla and beat until combined. Add flour mixture and beat on low speed for 2 minutes or until combined. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let chill in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place decorative sugar on a plate.
- Remove dough from refrigerator and roll into 1-inch balls.
- Roll dough balls in sugar to coat evenly. Arrange on baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Wash hands after handling raw dough.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tops begin to crack slightly. Remove cookies from oven and cool for 2 minutes.
- While cookies are still warm, press chocolate candy piece into center of each cookie; transfer to cooling racks and let cool.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 8 g
Saturated Fat 4 g
Cholesterol 16 mg
Sodium 76 mg
Carbohydrates 15 g
Fiber 1 g
Sugars 11 g
Protein 3 g