Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #68 (November 17th, 2016 to January 11th, 2017). Recipe image and nutrition analysis provided by California Walnuts. For more walnut inspirations, visit their website at walnuts.org.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan with brown sugar and spices.
5. Add apple juice and apple.
6. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes or until apple is very soft and juice has cooked off. Stir frequently.
7. Stir in walnuts and spoon mixture into fillo shells.
8. Place on a small baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Cool and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, Visit fightbac.org
Total Fat 3 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 15 mg
Carbohydrates 6 g
Fiber 0 g
Protein 1 g