1. Wash hands with soap and running water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. In large saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion, carrot and squash; cook 8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
5. Add broth; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in beans, tomatoes, reserved tomato juice, pasta, kale, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper.
6. Cook 15 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
7. Serve minestrone sprinkled with cheese.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat (g) 7.00
Saturated Fat (g) 2.00
Cholesterol (mg) 7.00
Sodium (mg) 1080.00
Carbohydrates (g) 35.00
Fiber (g) 5.00
Protein (g) 11.00