Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 11 Minutes
January/February 2021 Big Y Dig In Magazine
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Coat 2 baking sheets with cooking spray; set aside.
3.In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-low speed, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add egg, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and mix well; mixture will be very dry. Wash hands with soap and water after handling eggs.
5. Fold in chocolate chips and walnuts if desired.
6. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, leaving a 2-inch space between cookies. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw dough.
7. Bake for 11 minutes or until golden (do not over-bake).
8. Remove from oven and let cool for 15 minutes. Remove cookies to wire racks and allow to cool completely before serving.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving (without nuts) Calories: 173
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 25g (Dietary Fiber: 1g
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more