Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cooking Time: 8 to 12 Minutes
Dinner sandwiches are the perfect solution for easy homemade meals when you want a satisfying dinner that’s quick to make and requires little cleanup. Our sandwich recipe shakes things up a bit by adding a Mexican flair to the classic turkey club.
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a small bowl, combine sour cream, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, cayenne pepper and salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
2. Place a large skillet over medium heat.
3. Brush both sides of each bread slice with 1/2 tablespoon butter. Place 2 slices in skillet and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until lightly browned, repeat with remaining bread slices. Top one slice of bread with some sour cream mixture, 2 tablespoons avocado, 1 tablespoon jalapeño, 3 slices turkey and 1 slice cheese. Place another bread slice on top and spread with some sour cream mixture, 2 tablespoons avocado and 1 tablespoon jalapeño.
4. Top with lettuce, bacon, tomato slices and a few dollops of the sour cream mixture.
5. Top with remaining bread slice and cut into 4 wedges.
6. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 641 (Calories from Fat: 306)
Total Fat: 34g (Saturated Fat: 17g)
Total Carbohydrates: 47g (Dietary Fiber: 5g