Mediterranean Stuffed Eggplant
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
3. Cut each eggplant in half lengthwise. Score cut sides by making 4 crosswise cuts. Place on baking sheet, cut side down, and cook for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cool, remove and chop pulp, reserving the shells.
4. Reduce oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. In a small bowl, combine olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper to taste, set aside.
6. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place over medium heat. Add garlic and leeks and sauté for 4 minutes. Add mushrooms, zucchini and eggplant pulp and sauté for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in tomatoes, olive oil mixture, 1 teaspoon thyme and salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 2 tablespoons cheese on the bottom of each eggplant shell. Evenly divide mixture between the shells, top each with 2 tablespoons cheese and bake for 15 minutes. Place under the broiler for 2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is slightly browned. Serve sprinkled with remaining thyme.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving: Calories: 205 (Calories from
Total Fat: 10g (Saturated Fat: 4g)
Total Carbohydrates: 22g (Dietary Fiber: 9g