Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 to 25 Minutes
We took everyone's favorite poultry and stuffed it with all sorts of delicious ingredients then cooked it to perfection for a delectable dish that’s big on flavor. Add a salad or a side of steamed veggies for a meal the whole family will love!
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. In a heavy bottom frying pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crisp.
2. Discard all but 2 tablespoons of drippings.
3. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
4. Transfer bacon, garlic and onion to a large bowl. Add spinach, egg, croutons, roasted red pepper, feta cheese and rosemary; toss to combine.
5. With a small, sharp knife, cut a pocket in the thick side of each breast.
6. Stuff with spinach mixture and close with wooden toothpicks if needed to keep stuffing inside; season outside of chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
7. In the same frying pan, over medium heat, combine butter and oil.
8. Once butter has melted, add chicken and cook, turning occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until meat in thickest portion is cooked through and no longer pink. Remove toothpicks and serve.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving
Calories: 352 (Calories from Fat: 117)
Total Fat: 13g (Saturated Fat: 5g)
Total Carbohydrates: 6g (Dietary Fiber: 2g