This recipe was featured as a Living Well Eating Smart tip on ABC40 July 8, 2013.
Recipe from Rebecca Katz from The Cancer-Fighting Kitchen (Ten Speed Press, 2009). More information can be found at her website.
To watch the recipe video, visit our YouTube page!
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. Combine lentils, garlic, oregano, bay leaves and cinnamon in a saucepan and cover with 2 inches of water. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover, lower heat and simmer until lentils are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
5. Drain lentils thoroughly and discard whole spices.
6. In a separate bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, lemon zest, cumin and salt.
7. Toss lentils with vinaigrette and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
8. Stir in bell pepper, cucumber, olives, mint and parsley. Check flavor and season with additional pepper or lemon juice if desired.
9. Top with feta cheese.
10. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3 to 5 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!