Mediterranean Chicken Salad
Featured in the Living Well Eating Smart newsletter issue #77 (May 17th to July 11th, 2018).
Recipe and image from Smart Chicken. Visit their website for more chicken recipe-inspirations.
Note: This mixture can also be used to make sandwiches.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Wash hands after handling raw chicken.
5. Bake chicken in oven until fully cooked, 45 to 60 minutes, or until the internal temperature of thighs reach 165 degrees Fahrenheit with an instant-read food thermometer.
6. Allow chicken to cool. Dice into 1/4- to 1/2-inch pieces and transfer to a large bowl.
7. Add all remaining ingredients to bowl, except lettuce, stirring to combine.
8. Let salad rest for 10 to 15 minutes and serve on a bed of lettuce greens or in lettuce cups.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Total Fat 15 g
Saturated Fat 3 g
Cholesterol 70 mg
Sodium 410 mg
Carbohydrates 7 g
Fiber 1 g
Protein 13 g