To see Chef Andrew prepare this dish, go to: https://youtu.be/8F4z_6XqpRE
Directions1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Gently rub shallots, fennel and garlic, and rinse parsley and tarragon, under running water, before prepping.
3. Check mussels to verify if any are broken or open: Discard any broken shells; Squeeze opened shells shut. If shells do not stay closed, discard. Wash hands, again, with soap and running water after handling mussels.
4. In a pasta pot warmed over medium heat, add oil and 1 tablespoon butter. Cook until butter is melted.
5. Add shallots, fennel and garlic. Simmer about 1 minute.
6. Add wine and bring to a boil.
7. Add mussels and cover pot tightly with lid. If you do not have a lid, cover the pot with aluminum foil.
8. Cook until all mussels steam open, approximately 4 minutes.
9. Remove mussels from pot with tongs or a slotted spoon, set aside in a large serving dish and cover with aluminum foil.
10. Return pot to stove over high heat and bring broth to a boil.
11. Add parsley, tarragon and remaining butter. Stir to combine.
12. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove pot from heat.
13. Spoon broth generously over mussels.
14. Serve with toasted, crusty bread or over rice or pasta.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!