Prep Time: 30 Minutes
Cooking Time: Bake 33 Minutes
November/December 2020 Dig In Magazine
DirectionsNote: Wash hands with soap and water.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
2. In a large bowl using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat together both sugars, shortening, eggs, extract and baking powder until creamy.
3. In a medium bowl, combine flour and powdered sugar, add to creamy mixture and mix well; fold in chips and walnuts.
4. Divide dough into 3 parts. Place on prepared baking sheet and flatten each into long strips about ½ inch high, leaving space between strips; sprinkle with half the cinnamon sugar mix.
5. Bake on center rack for 25 minutes or until lightly golden; remove from oven and let cool slightly. Once cool, using a long, sharp serrated knife, gently slice each log on the diagonal into ¾-inch-thick slices. Turn each slice on its side and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
6. Place back in the oven and bake for 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool on baking sheet. Dust with some additional powdered sugar if desired.
7. Store in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 6 days.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition FactsNutrition Information Per Serving Calories: 190 (Calories from Fat: 81)
Total Fat: 9g (Saturated Fat: 3g)
Total Carbohydrates: 26g (Dietary Fiber: 1g