- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Rinse fresh produce.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, combine ground beef, onion and garlic. Wash hands with soap and water after handling raw beef. Cook mixture for 6 minutes or until meat is cooked to a temperature of 160 degrees Fahrenheit as verified by an instant-read food thermometer, breaking it up with the back of a spoon; drain.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Return skillet with beef to medium heat and add diced tomatoes, water, macaroni, corn, Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper and a few dashes of cayenne pepper; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Transfer mixture to a large casserole dish.
- Top with cheese and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Calories: 540, Total Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 75mg, Sodium: 820mg, Carbohydrates: 59g, Fiber: 5g, Sugars: 7g, Protein: 32g