1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse all fresh produce items under cold running water prior to prepping.
3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
4. Place Goldfish into a small plastic bag and seal. Crush until a crumb consistency is achieved. Open bag, add 2 tablespoons olive oil, re-seal and mix until well combined.
5. Place a 1 1/2 quart sauce pot over medium heat. Add butter and diced onion. Cook onion until softened, about 1 to 2 minutes.
6. Add cubed butternut squash. Mix. Then add half and half and vegetable broth. Mix.
7. Keep at a low simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until squash is softened.
8. While this is simmering, place salmon portions onto a sheet pan coated with cooking spray.
9. Coat top side of salmon with Goldfish crumb mixture, pressing crumbs into salmon to achieve full coverage. Wash hands after handling raw salmon.
10. Bake until fish reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit as verified with an instant-read food thermometer, about 12 minutes . If desired, broil for a few seconds to brown crumbs.
11. Remove sauce pot from heat. Using an immersion blender, or a traditional blender, blend butternut squash mixture until smooth.
12. Add shredded cheese to butternut squash while still hot and mix well with a whisk until fully combined.
13. Season to taste with kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper.
14. Prepare a pot to cook pasta, salting water generously. Cook pasta until desired texture, about 8 minutes, or according to package instructions.
15. Add cooked pasta to a large bowl and fold in desired amount of cheese sauce mixture.
16. Add Mac & Cheese to a bowl and top with baked salmon. Garnish with Goldfish and parsley for a bit of color, if desired.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!