Mac and Cheese Pops
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. In a shallow dish, combine macaroni and cheese, bacon and hot sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
3. Combine chips and breadcrumbs and place in a shallow dish. Place eggs and flour into two separate shallow dishes. Wash hands after handling flour and eggs.
4. Using a small cookie scoop, roll macaroni and cheese into 1 1/2-inch balls. Working one at a time, roll in this order: flour, egg and potato chip mixture, pressing to coat.; Rrepeat a second time.
5. Place a wooden skewer in each ball and place on a large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients; refrigerate for 1 hour. Wash hands after handling eggs and flour.
6. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
7. Working in batches, add balls to hot oil and cook for 3 minutes, turning often or until evenly golden and crispy; transfer to a paper towel-lined plate, adding more oil as needed. Serve immediately.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!
Nutrition Information Per Serving
Total Fat: 10g
Saturated Fat: 2g
Total Carbohydrates: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 1g