Recipe featured on 12/1/16 Western Mass News segment with Carrie Taylor, RDN, LDN and Andrea Luttrell, RDN, LDN.
Recipe courtesy of Jacob Wycoff.
1. Wash hands with soap and water.
2. Rinse fresh produce.
3. In a large stockpot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
4. Add onion and red pepper and saute until vegetables begin to soften, about 4 minutes. Add garlic and tomato paste; cook for another 2 minutes.
5. Add vegetable broth, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, beans, chili powder and cumin. Season with salt and pepper as needed.
6. Add uncooked macaroni and stir. Turn heat to high and bring mixture to a boil, while stirring occasionally to prevent pasta from sticking to bottom of pan.
7. Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to low and cook until pasta is tender, about 10 to 12 minutes.
8. Remove pot from heat and stir in 1/2 cup shredded cheese. Top with remaining cheddar and allow cheese to melt.
9. Spoon chili into individual serving bowls and enjoy.
Big Y's recipes reflect the guidance of the Partnership for Food Safety Education. To learn more, visit fightbac.org!